Monday, February 13, 2006

Introducing my Team


So, I realized that most people reading this blog probably don´t know who I´m working and living with down here in La Paz. I´d like to take this opportunity to introduce everyone! The Youth for Christ ministry here in Bolivia is run by the director Pedro Villarreal. He is an awesome guy... and a second Father to me. He has a beautiful wife named Andrea that works full time as a Portugese professor to support the family so Pedro can work full time as a volunteer with YFC. They have four awesome kids... Pricilia, Debi, Lucas, and Matteus. The ministry functions with the help of about 20 volunteers with varying levels of involement. Everyone is so great. They love to help and be involved with the events, but they also have very busy work and school schedules. Finally, I am joined here by 5 other american missionaries.... all of which happen to be from Colorado.... 4 of which happen to be from my home town of Parker and my home church of PEPC. Randy is the veteran here. He lead the YFC trip that I was on about a year and a half ago. He has lived here in La Paz for just over one year now and has built on awesome foundation of relationships and ministries. His main ministry is coaching basketball. He coaches a team of shoe shiner boys, a varsity team at an international high school and a team at a christian school, and just accepted a job as the head coach/program director at a huge basketball club. Next, there is Jon. He has been here for about 6 months now. His main ministry is in the southern zone of La Paz with the international school and church. He leads a bible study and youth group and helps Randy coach the basketball team. This week he is working at the school as a substitute PE teacher, so that´s pretty sweet. Finally, 3 other kids came down with me in January - Hannah, Ross, and David. All of us are still discovering where our ministries are here in La Paz. I love my team and I am so excited and blessed to have them here to share in the adventure. The top picture here shows the guys - David, Randy, Jon, and Ross. They're goofballs, but I love them. The bottom picture is at one of our meetings. There's a bunch of the volunteers as well as all of us gringos. So, if you didn´t know them already, hopefully you will now be able to picture everyone as they are discussed in other blogs. It´s been a pleasure, Chao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home