Thursday, April 20, 2006

Chillin´ in Chile

Hey everybody! I hope you all are having a great day! My Bolivian visa was scheduled to expire on April 21 so me and the rest of the gang hopped on a bus to Chile! Pedro, David, Hannah, and I arrived in Arica, Chile around 2pm today. It´s pretty crazy! We got hooked up in a pretty sweet hostel and then hit the town. We ate an afternoon snack at McDonald´s (such a treat for us La Paz residents) and then walked along the beach. Arica is a beach town, kinda touristy, and crazy dry. I don´t know how long it´s been since this place has seen a rainstorm. Chile is definately very different than Bolivia, some good, some bad. The worst thing is that everything´s all expensive again. It´s like US prices again... but the currency is all crazy. It costs $2600 pesos to buy a big mac combo (about $5 US). I´m such a tight wad now because I´ve been spoiled by the crazy cheap prices of Bolivia. Welp, just wanted to fill you in! I´ll tell you all about the trip when I get back into La Paz. Chao, chao.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali:
I have been reading your blogs & praying for you since you have been gone. I hope you have a great time Chillin' in Chile. I also hope that God's grace will pour over you and cleanse you with a peaceful rest, so when you return to LaPaz you are rejuvinated for the next leg of your stay. Hugs! Karen Dasso

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali!
Dude, I miss you! I've been reading your blogs and praying for you. I'm sorry to hear about your problems with 'being a girl' from a few posts back, but I totally understand. I experience stuff like that alot too, and it sucks, I'm sorry. But everything will work out; it always does. How are things with Freddy now? Email me if you wanna talk...when do you get home? Love and miss you lots!!!
Jaime Franco
mrskong24@yahoo.com

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi gal!
Well, you're just all over the place, aren't you? It's always nice to experience a new place, but good to be back home too (in your case, LaPaz). Did you get your arm back to 'normal' with therapy? I'm sure enjoying all of your blogs so keep them coming!
Blessings on you Ali. Bet you're really looking forward to seeing all those gringo heading your way!
Take care...Elaine

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali, this is just a little note to say I love you! I hope you get nice and rested while in Chile. I'm glad it sounds like you are learning a lot but still having some fun. I'm thinking about you!
~Laura (Gerhard....I need to call myself something else so that I don't have to make sure you know me by adding my last name..... I suppose I could just use my last name.....boooooring) :)

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home