Monday, April 10, 2006

Some Light

So, my mom seems to think I need to write a follow up to my last blog. So, here we go. The problems and worries that I expressed last week are... somewhat resolved, taken care of, or still lurking. I met with Pedro yesterday to talk about all of the crap going on. It was great to talk with him. He really is an awesome father figure to me... and definately understood a lot of what I am going through. After talking with Randy, I don't think Kavil will be leaving the ministry anymore. And I am going to try to be more respectful towards him and his protective tendencies. The biggest problem right now is with Freddy. Man... I really screwed this one up. Everything's out in the open about the impossibility of anything ever happening between us, but the whole situation really seems to have messed with his head. I never should have of hurt him as I did while his is in such a vulnerable state. Also, he has been receiving a lot of crap from the other guys about spending so much time with me. So, he says that we really need to have a serious talk - I think about whether or not we can even be friends anymore - but when I went to find him today, he was no where to be found. One of the guys, Charlie, informed me that he was pretty drunk again this morning. He keeps getting stuck in this destructive behavior... and I can't help but think that I have a lot to do with it. He keeps saying that he has no motive to live and all he wants to do right now is forget everything that has happened. All I want to do is give him some hope, show him some love, show him some grace, and show him the light at the end of the tunnel. All I know how to do right now is pray. Please, please pray with me for my dear friend Freddy.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali, thank you for the update. We all care what is happening with you and those that you care for. Yes, we will continue to pray for Freddy and that He will know God's love and find some hope in that love and grace. You will go home, but God will be with him forever. Love and hugs, Mom

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali,
Thanks for the update. I know I have been praying for your sitution, adn all your friends especially, Freddy! God Bless you!
Hannah

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your family in ohio loves you and are very proud of your caring for others but....come home and help the many people who are still devastated on the gulf coast. Maybe people who understand the culture in Bolivia would be of more help there I'm afraid you mite be causing them more confusion. I love you but think you need to hear another voice.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali
hey we miss you very much. We hope that everything will get better. We hope to see you soon.
Love Morgan and Ryne

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think one thing I've learned is that the nature of helping people is that they relate to us better the weaker we are. When we help people that we understand well, sometimes (maybe always) it comes across as arrogant and prideful. But when we help people whose situation and life are difficult for us to relate to, it forces us to have little to offer except a heart to help. When we offer help like this, those in need of it are much more open to accept it. It is like walking together through crisis rather than leading someone out of trouble. It is like diving into the water to save someone from drowning rather than standing on the shore and telling them to swim better. It might sound strange, but I believe that is true.

Ali, the things you are doing in Bolivia are not causing more confusion. You are bringing truth to situations that are already quite messed up, and naturally this would cause some misunderstandings along the way. In the end, though, truth is what people need because truth is what really matters. Thank you for giving your life, heart and tears to young people you did not even know 3 months ago.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen to that, anonymous!

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ali,
Thanks for the update! I'm glad some things have been resovled. I will continue to pray for Freddy and your situation with him! I've got my family praying for you too! You are doing amazing things! Rainbows only happen after it has rained:) Keep hanging in there and talking with the Lord, he'll help you figure things out! Lauren~

1:07 PM  
Blogger litespeed said...

hey little sis,
I love you and am praying for you. Hang in there, God is with you.
Jason

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I have been thinking about you and praying for you, and will expecially carry you in my heart all day. I know how excited your Mom and Dad are to come down there, they can't wait to see you!
Love, Betsy

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ali,
We wanted to yell out a really big Happy Birthday. In true Kahle tradition we missed getting your card out to your folks. We are hoping that your birthday was a really good one and that it was fairly sane!!! We are in prayer for you and for compadres. The girls and Cynthia wish you a great day. We are really proud of you and are amazed at what the Lord is doing through you.
We love you and God Bless........The Kahle's

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home