Thursday, April 27, 2006

Come to Jesus Meeting

On Tuesday morning, our usual gringo meeting got up close and personal. Randy had sensed some issues within the group, and decided that they needed to be brought to the table. We had some privacy and communication matters within the group to discuss. But also... we had to discuss the issue of Freddy. Over the last month or so, he has developed some major feelings for me. He is super "enormorado". I guess there have been some real misunderstandings between us regarding our relationship. The situation is pretty messed up. It sucks because this all happened because I was trying to be a good friend, an available ear, and a shoulder to cry on. Unfortunately, I was not aware of the general rule that girls should minister to girls and boys should minister to boys. Anyways, the team has come to the conclusion that I can no longer have any contact or communication with Freddy. This seems to be the only way that this issue can be nipped in the butt. I'm super bummed about the decision, but I am convinced that this is the best thing for me and for Freddy. Again, keep him in your prayers. He is very lost right now, and the only thing that can bring him true healing and happiness is a relationship with Christ. Also, pray for me as I attempt to find a new ministry focus. I need to be working with girls.... which is definately not the most natural thing for me. It's really hard for me to not get discouraged when I look back at the last 3 months of ministry. But I have to choose to see this as a part of God's grand, perfect plan. I will probably walk away with some incredible life lessons. It's also a great time to completely trust and enjoy intimacy with my mighty God. Later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I got your address from you mom at Steaming Bean. Very interesting reading and also very open and honest. You learned a painful, but very important lesson re: girls minister to girls and boys to boys. Boys and men can feel that you are interested in them romantically when you are ministering to them because the conversation is so personal. Also, touch adds a dimension to this, also. And, this is true for young men and older men- you might think of someone as a "kid brother" or a "father type" and they think you are eligible to them romantically. So, best to avoid the confusion and work with the women!

Safe travels,

Kari in Parker

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home