Sunday, May 14, 2006

Trekking the Andes - That's my Job!


Last weekend we led a backpacking trip in the Andes with 20 Bolivian high school students. We hiked the Takesi trail. I led a group of 4 senior girls - Karina, Yustin, Rosmary, and Jasmin. We were known as team 'Tweety'. My girls were great! They were girly at times, but really hung in and dominated the hike! It was such a blessing to get to know these girls! The hike was beautiful and the weather really held out for us! Very different than my last backpacking experience here in Bolivia. All of the students were great, and they really enjoyed the experience. Pedro talked with each of the students individually and got some great feedback! The most encouraging comment was that the majority of the students reported that the hike encouraged them to return to God! We spoke a little bit about the gospel on the trip, but I think our interaction with the kids spoke the loudest! I am so thankful for these kids, and I look forward to getting to know them better and walking with them in this journey of life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home